Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Uber Driver and "JESUS"

“Driver, would it be okay if we make a quick stop at McDonalds?” Maria asked from the backseat. Looking in the review mirror, Carlos nods and pulls the car into the drive-through lane.
As they wait behind the other cars, Carlos senses the Holy Spirit prompting him to give Maria a “JESUS” DVD from his glove compartment. He offers it, assuring her of God’s blessing if she will turn to Him. Maria thanks him and takes the DVD, and they both sit quietly as the car idles. 

He notices her sniffling. “Is everything okay?”
“As a student, I gave my life to Christ at a Campus Crusade retreat, but I’m so cold in my walk with Jesus. He’s reminding me tonight, through this DVD, I need to return to him.” 

Maria reflects for a moment, “I'll take a look at the movie.” They pull up to order and she buys Carlos an iced tea. As Carlos drives Maria to her destination, he knows that God is drawing her to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment